Blackburn Media is looking for a Jr Web Developer to join our team. This position focuses on working collaboratively with other team members to build web applications, primarily using React/Node.js. You will also be required to troubleshoot website errors and set up and maintain hosting services. Specifically, this includes:
- Working with the Digital Solutions Developer to develop web applications using primarily React and Node.js as well as any other appropriate languages
- Design services and databases using any tools and technologies that suit the project requirements
- Building and maintaining production environments utilizing cloud services
- Provide end user support of service
- A strong technical foundation and experience building user interfaces.
- Experience building RESTful APIs and web services, and familiarity with API design for highly scalable services.
- Experience writing internal documentation and system flow charts to keep the team informed.
- Experience working in a production environment.
- Experience writing unit tests with Jest.
- Experience working in Linux environments and command line tools.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment where prioritization and time management skills are critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate cross functionally with designers, project managers and end users.
- Positive, optimistic approach and the ability to work well as part of a broader team /organization.
- You enjoy being creative and solving real world problems while maintaining strict attention to detail (even when managing multiple projects).
- You understand the importance of accountability and take ownership of your work.
- Degree or Diploma in associated field and/or certificate from appropriate courses.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Jr Web Developer’. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on May 2, 2022.
While the position is for London corporate operations, the position is workable from the Chatham, London, Sarnia, Windsor, or Wingham Branch.
Blackburn Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified individuals and genders, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.