A part-time opportunity where you will spend your weekend visiting local community events and representing our radio stations. Don’t worry, this job does not include on air responsibilities, but it does require a fun, friendly and energetic personality. You will represent CKNX AM 920, 101.7 The One and CoOL 94.5 at events across Midwestern Ontario.
Work week is 7 and a half hours per day every Friday, Saturday and Sunday (22.5 hours per week) starting Jun 30, 2023 through Sept 3, 2023.
- Work closely with Community Marketing and Promotions preparing a weekly schedule
- Attend station events and maximize station’s on-site presence at community events
- Driving the Summer Cruiser throughout Midwestern Ontario, primarily evenings and weekends
- Proactively engage listeners, clients and general public
- Update stations social media and website including photos and blogs
- Maintain upkeep of station vehicles (fuel, cleaning, etc) and promotional signage
- Complete summer cruiser report of weekly activities
- Additional duties as assigned by Community Marketing and Promotions
- Post-secondary education in media or marketing preferred but not necessary
- Valid G or G2 driver’s license with a Clean 3 year Ministry of Transportation abstract
- Strong organizational and time management skills, detail oriented and able to multitask
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well within a team and in a high paced environment
- A great attitude, highly creative and upbeat personality
- Strong social media skills
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public
- An understanding of Midwestern Ontario (Huron, Perth, Bruce, Grey and Wellington counties)
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume in confidence to: Jeff Irwin at email@example.com
Please ensure that the subject line in your email is “Summer Cruiser”
ONLY THOSE GRANTED AN INTERVIEW WILL HEAR FROM US.
Blackburn Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified Men, Women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.