Midwestern Ontario’s heritage country station is seeking on-air talent! We’re looking for personality, passion for radio and country music, especially heritage country (Garth, Dolly, Johnny Cash, Alan Jackson, Waylon & Willie; all the legends). Live and work in a great area and be part of a great team weaving country music with news, information, and Jays, Leafs and local hockey.
- Create and deliver compelling content (country, lifestyle, current events) weekday afternoons.
- Interact with CKNX fans through social media, text, website, and email.
- Schedule and edit daily music logs in Musicmaster and coordinate any Jays, Leafs or Local hockey broadcasts.
- Voice commercials and Voice-Track as needed in Wingham and other markets, along with other production duties
- Represent CKNX enthusiastically in the communities we reach and at station events as needed.
- Fill the CKNX morning show when needed.
- Ability to tell a great story, engage on–air and in person, and never be boring.
- Great hallway presence, building positive relationships with co-workers.
- Social media skills to effectively extend our brand digitally.
- Expertise in the usual tools – Musicmaster, Adobe, WordPress, Social Media.
- Valid G driver’s license
Send an example of your on-air work and custom audio about your love of country music, along with your resume, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 11. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is a collectively bargained position, Unifor Local 591G, designated W-14 Announcer.
Blackburn Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourage applications from qualified men, women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.